Full-time, Positions Open in Gulu (1) and Lira (1)
Expiry date: Sunday, 30th July, at 2:00 PM EAT
StartHub Africa seeks a highly motivated and experienced Entrepreneurship Trainer to join our organization. The trainer will deliver comprehensive entrepreneurship training programs, mobilize beneficiaries/participants, and assist the Business Support Officer and Monitoring & Evaluation personnel. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in business, training entrepreneurs, and expertise in the lean startup and learner-centered design methodology.
Please note that applicants must be in either Gulu City or Lira City, as the selected entrepreneurship trainers will be expected to work and reside in their assigned city. StartHub will not provide relocation support, and applicants who reside outside of these areas should ensure their ability to work and stay in the respective city independently
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Design and deliver entrepreneurship training programs encompassing key business concepts, lean startup principles, and learner-centered design methodology.
- Conduct training sessions, workshops, and interactive activities to enhance program participants’ entrepreneurial skills and knowledge.
- Develop training materials, including presentations, handouts, and case studies, to support the delivery of effective and engaging training sessions.
- Assist in mobilizing beneficiaries/participants for entrepreneurship programs and ensure their active participation throughout the training process.
- Collaborate with the Business Support Officer to identify entrepreneurs’ needs and challenges and develop customized training solutions accordingly.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, and mentorship to entrepreneurs, helping them effectively apply the learned concepts to their businesses.
- Work closely with the Monitoring & Evaluation personnel to track and measure the impact of the entrepreneurship programs, collecting relevant data and participant feedback.
- Conduct regular assessments and evaluations to gauge the training programs’ effectiveness and identify improvement areas.
- Build strong relationships with local stakeholders, including entrepreneurs, community leaders, and relevant organizations, to foster collaboration and partnerships.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Entrepreneurship, or a related field.
- Proven experience (at least 2-3 years) in business or training entrepreneurs, with a focus on entrepreneurship development and support.
- Strong knowledge of the lean startup methodology, business model canvas, and other relevant entrepreneurship frameworks.
- Experience in designing and delivering training programs, incorporating interactive and participatory methodologies.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage diverse audiences.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by entrepreneurs in the local context.
- Familiarity with the social and economic landscape of Gulu City or Lira City, preferably with prior work experience in the region.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including MS Office suite and training-related software.
- Fluency in English is required, along with proficiency in either Langi (for applicants interested in Lira City) or Acholi (for applicants interested in Gulu City).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further evaluation and interviews.