Full-time, based in Kampala, Uganda
Expiry date: Sunday, 4th June 2023 at midnight
StartHub Africa implements entrepreneurship, Innovation, corporate Innovation, and research projects for various clients. For currently ongoing and future projects, StartHub is hiring a full-time project manager to lead and support project implementation.
We are looking for someone who is excited to ensure that our customers receive maximum value and that we maximize the impact of our projects. You will be supported by a strong team with the necessary technical capacities and work in various and changing project contexts.
The initial roles will be to join the implementation of a women entrepreneurship program in the tech space as well as to help build connections between industry and academia in two projects that started in Q2 2023. You will learn more about professional project management and leading projects. You can be part of the technical support for entrepreneurs, holding training and bootcamps, joining efforts to acquire new projects, and other roles over time.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Planning, defining, and managing project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Developing a comprehensive project plan, including timelines, tasks, and resources required.
- Identifying and managing project risks, issues, and dependencies.
- Coordinating and allocating resources, including team members, budget, and materials, to ensure successful project execution.
- Monitoring project progress, tracking key milestones, and implementing necessary adjustments to meet project objectives.
- Leading and motivating project teams, facilitating effective communication, collaboration, and problem-solving.
- Managing stakeholder expectations, ensuring regular updates and providing timely project status reports.
- Implementing and maintaining project documentation, including monitoring and evaluation, schedules, and budgets.
- Conducting regular project evaluations, assessing project performance against established goals and recommending improvements.
- Facilitating project closure, including finalizing project documentation, conducting lessons learned sessions, and transitioning deliverables to stakeholders or operational teams.
- Supporting the acquisition of new projects.
- Supporting technical project officers, trainers, and coaches during project implementation
Qualifications and Competencies
- High reliability, responsiveness, punctuality, and open communication.
- Ability to foresee changes and challenges in projects and to react and adjust ahead of time.
- Experience: In managing or supporting projects and budgets.
- Leadership: You have been in leadership roles before, in any context and to ensure reaching joint goals.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, positivity and constructiveness with colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Doer mindset: You are ready to get things done yourself and together with the team.
- Time management: Impeccable at managing project timelines and multiple responsibilities and activities in a project context.
- Budgeting: Solid understanding of project budgeting.
- Stakeholder management: Comfortably being able to lead and conduct client meetings.